A stairlift - also known as chair lift or stair glider - is a
device that lifts people up and down stairs. Users typically sit on
a chair that travels along an aluminium or steel rail attached to
the treads of the stairs by metal brackets (cleats). They can also
cope with curved staircases and obstructions such as doors and
posts. Hinges allow sections of the rail to be folded out of the
way when not in use.
The stairlift commonly comprises a seat
with arms and footrest, though some stair lifts have a stand-on
platform. Cables, chains or rack and pinion systems pull the stair
lift along the rail on small rollers.
Conventional stair lifts have the seat at right angles to the
rail but to enable the passenger to get off safely, the seat can
swivel and lock on arrival at the landing.
Curved rail stairlifts for domestic premises are generally more
expensive than the straight rail types, since they have to be
individually manufactured to fit a certain staircase after careful
measurement. They also take longer to install.
For outdoor purposes, there are weatherproof stair lift models
that are otherwise similar to indoor stairlifts.
Why choose a lift?
• Are the stairs becoming a problem.
• Don't want to move house.
• Cheaper than moving house.
• Less stressful than moving house.
• Elderly relative coming to live with you.
• Improvement in the quality of life.
Quiet and Reliable
• Easy to Use
• Battery Operated
• Can be adapted to suit you
• Folds away neatly to maximise space
• Joystick control for ease of use
What Tremorvah has to offer you
• A wide range of stairlifts from different
• A FREE NO OBLIGATION SURVEY.
• Prices that are often more competitive than direct sales.
• A range of after care services, including 7 day callout.
• Service and maintain most makes of lift – subject to survey
• New and Reconditioned Lifts, many available from stock.
• Quick, efficient installation on stock lifts.
• Rental Lifts Available.
The installation is carried out within hours of our engineers
arrival and a demonstration of the stairlift is given on completion
A user instruction guide is left with the stairlift and for
peace of mind our telephone number is attached to the stairlift
should you ever need to call us. The stairlift is covered by a full
12 month warranty regardless of whether brand new or
A wide range of External Stairlifts, Straight Stairlifts and
Curved Stairlifts are available.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 01872 324340
Tremorvah's stairlift callout hours
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 9.00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 8.00am - 8.00pm
Christmas Day No Callout Available
Boxing Day 8.00am - 6.00pm
New Years Eve 8.00am - 6.00pm
New Years Day 8.00am - 6.00pm
Click here to link into Stannah
Click here to link into MediTek